This four weeks fitness training is for kids and parents together in Ruchill park. It will cover aspects of athletics and aerobics which should be performed in fresh air. This will also have some indoor activities.
Benefits Of Participating
The physical exertion involves in sports can straighten muscles, increase flexibility, rev up metabolism, improve circulation and promote good mental health. Sports also give kids a chance to develop valuable social skills, notes the American Academy of Pediatrics. A child learns much from competing, including how to cope with both victory and failure. Athletic accomplishment yields confidence and assurance for growing children. Sports, in general and handled well by parents in particular, are incredibly beneficial for children in terms of body, mind and spirit. Gurinder thanks
Gurinder Singh – The Trainer
Gurinder has been a professional athlete since the age of 12.He is an outgoing and friendly person and encourage people who may not be used to exercise to enjoy it and keep on coming to the training sessions.
A mature and motivated individual who leads people in exercise and advise them on healthy eating. Have motivated and inspired numerous individuals to get fitter and healthier.
He organises group and individual exercise programmes for his clients.He also work with specific groups of people such as older adults, children, people with disabilities or people referred by doctors.
Approach to a client’s training include the following:
• Assess a person’s fitness and ask them about their goals.
• Show people the health club activities
• Demonstrate exercise activities
• Show people how to use exercise machines and free weights properly
• Make sure people exercise safely and effectively
• Lead group exercise classes like circuit training, aerobics and spinning
• Create personal exercise programmes
• Advise people about healthy eating and lifestyles
Pros & Cons of Children in Sports
Health care providers place a growing emphasis on physical fitness for kids. One way for children to stay healthy is to play sports. In addition to providing physical activity, sports also help children develop social skills and practice teamwork. However, tough competition and pressure to fit too much into an already packed schedule are reasons for kids to shy away from sports. It is important to review the pros and cons of sports for kids before deciding if signing your child up is the right choice.
Gurinder – the trainer is a certified fitness Trainer and train people on the following
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise
• Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
• Instructing gym-based exercise
• Know how to support clients who take part in physical activity
• Planning gym-based exercise
• Principles of exercise, fitness and health
As well as being healthy and fit, he knows about nutrition and healthy diets as we believe a responsible attitude towards the health and safety is important.Gurinder also done charity runs for NHS, BUPA and several other organisations ever since I came to UK in 2007.
Gurinder’s personal achievements as an athlete are :
Winner of numerous medals in various running events in UK.
• Finished 1500 metres in 3:58 mins (Event organised by Athletic Federation of India, 2004)
1st place in 3000 metres – 9:00 mins (Event organised by Education department, Chandigarh, India, 2006)
• 1st place in 2000 metres – 6:01 mins (Event organised by district amateur athletics association, Patiala, India, 2003)
• 1st place in 4 X 400 metres relay – 3:44 mins (Event organised by central board of secondary education, New Delhi, 2005)
• 1st position in 1500 metres – 3:52 mins (Event organised by All India sports school games, 2006)
Participated several times in National school games in India.
Learn – Enjoy – Develop