Fitness Training – Kids and Parents can join the FREE 4 week Families Fitness Programme Glasgow together!
BYITC is sponsoring a FREE 4 week Families Fitness Programme Glasgow – led by a Gold Medalist in Ruchill Park that kids and parents can take part in. It will cover several aspects of athletics and aerobics which should be done in fresh air, as well as some indoor activities.
At BYITC we believe that it is important not only to improve the minds of children, but also to improve their physical health and mental well-being. Through Families Fitness Programme Glasgow we hope to enrich the lives of children in the community by encouraging them to take the first step towards a life-long passion for health, fitness and learning.
Benefits Of Participating
The physical exertion involved in sports can strengthen muscles, increase flexibility, rev up metabolism, improve circulation and promote good mental health. Taking part in Families Fitness Programme Glasgow also gives kids a chance to develop valuable social skills, notes the American Academy of Pediatrics.
A child learns much from competing, including how to cope with both victory and failure and leadership skills. Athletic accomplishment yields confidence and assurance for growing children. Sports are incredibly beneficial for children in terms of body, mind and spirit.
Pros & Cons of Sports for Children
Gurinder Singh – The Trainer
Gurinder has been a professional athlete since the age of 12. He is an outgoing, friendly person who encourages people to develop a passion for exercise. As a result, he motivates them to continue attending training sessions.
Gurinder is highly energetic and knowledgeable. In addition to guiding people in their exercise regimes, he can advise them on various other aspects of healthy living. He has motivated and inspired many individuals to get fitter and healthier by providing them with group and individual exercise programmes suited to their needs. Additionally, Gurinder works with specific groups of people such as older adults, children, people with disabilities or people referred to him by doctors. He has also completed a number of charity runs for the NHS, BUPA and several other organisations since I came to the UK in 2007.
Gurinder’s approach to a client’s training includes the following:
• Assess a person’s fitness and ask them about their goals.
• Show people the activities available at the health club
• Demonstrate various exercise activities
• Show people how to use exercise machines and free weights properly
• Make sure people exercise safely and effectively
• Lead group exercise classes like circuit training, aerobics and spinning
• Create personal exercise programmes
• Advise people about healthy eating and lifestyles
Gurinder is a certified Fitness Trainer and an expert on the following:
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise
• Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
• Instructing gym-based exercise
• Know how to support clients who take part in physical activity
• Planning gym-based exercise
• Principles of exercise, fitness and health
Some of Gurinder’s personal achievements as an athlete…who will be leading Families Fitness Programme Glasgow
- Winner of numerous medals in various running events in the UK.
- Finished 1500 metres in 3:58 mins (Event organised by Athletic Federation of India, 2004)
- Won 1st place in 3000 metres – 9:00 mins (Event organised by Education department, Chandigarh, India, 2006)
- 1st place in 2000 metres – 6:01 mins (Event organised by district amateur athletics association, Patiala, India, 2003)
- Came 1st place in 4 X 400 metres relay – 3:44 mins (Event organised by central board of secondary education, New Delhi, 2005)
- 1st position in 1500 metres – 3:52 mins (Event organised by All India sports school games, 2006)
- Participated several times in National school games in India.